The Ultimate Packing Guide!
Our #fastfriend Meghan Milligan is no stranger to a moto-camping trip, and she put together a thorough packing list for all of us with all her top recommendations! Get ready to load up your bikes, trucks and trailers and say #overandout as you head off to our first ladies-only event!
Check out the list and definitely chime in on social if you have any other recommendations we may have missed. :)
OFF-ROAD PACKING GUIDE by Meghan Milligan
Riding Gear - Whether you’re taking it easy on the grass track or rippin’ through the woods, make sure you have the appropriate gear to avoid injuries! Check the event page for details on required gear.
- Chest Protector
- Knee Braces or Shin Guards
- Elbow Guards
- Jersey & Pants
- Riding Boots
- Socks (be sure to bring extra)!
- Hydration Pack — Not only are packs convenient to stay hydrated during riding, but a great way to carry snacks, phones & more.
Camping Gear - Everything you need to be comfortable and have a great time!
- Tent (don't forget the rain cover just in case!)
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Camping Chair
- E-Z Up
- Headlamp, Flashlight, Lighter
- Solar showers can come in handy! Fill it with water, leave it out in the sun to get warm!
- Knife, First Aid Kit
- Battery Pack - The camp site has no power (& no hook-ups) so bring a battery pack to charge your phone or other devices. There is cell service on the mountain!
- Trash bags - You are responsible for your own garbage so bring some bags so you can haul it out when you leave. Also good for packing up wet or dirty gear.
CASH!!! Raffle, Merchandise and On-site Food (details coming) will be CASH ONLY.
Clothing (Including Rain Gear!) - Keep an eye on the weather and pack accordingly. Feel free to include:
- Hiking or Camping boots
- Swimsuit and Towel
- Rain Gear for both riding and hang-time
- Cozy Layers - again just check the weather and pack appropriately ;)
- Wet Wipes (there are no showers so wet wipes will be your best friend!)
- Toilet Paper (porta-potties will be fully stocked, but it doesn’t hurt to have extra)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Deodorant (like we said: no showers)
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
Groceries - A delicious, healthy and locally prepared boxed lunch on Saturday 6/23 is included with your ticket, thanks to our amazing sponsor REV’IT!
We will have additional food available for breakfast Sat & Sun, as well as dinner on Saturday, plus bonfire treats, courtesy of BH&BR! (Detailed Food post to come!)
There are convenience stores, restaurants and diners close by in the town of Hancock. Rite Aid and the gas stations sell beer, Hancock Liquors sells everything but beer. :)
- Food & Snacks
- Drinks - including the fun kind! ;)
- WATER - for drinking, rinsing and washing.
Gas, Oil & Tools -
- 2-Stroke Oil (for you 2-smokers!)
- Tool Roll
- Extra Spark Plugs
- Zip Ties
- Tire Gauge
- Tire Pump
- Tire Tubes (you don’t want a flat tire to end your riding time!)
Hanover Powersports will be able to assist with minor repair or maintenance issues on-site. Please bring a credit card in case you need a service that they will need to charge for.
We'll be sending out the full schedule for lessons and guided dual sport rides, plus a detailed post on on-site food options this week!